Apply for GCMS Notes
Deep Visa and Immigration Services is the leading immigration consulting firm located in Surrey, BC and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants have been providing immigration consulting services to clients across the world for years.
How to make a request under the Access to Information Act
Order GCMS Notes for Your Canadian Visa
Your Trusted Source on Canadian Immigration
how to order gcms notes
We offer secure payment options for applicants from around the globe. You may choose to pay by Credit Card, Visa Card, Master Card, Debit Card or Paypal portal. Processing times for information requests could vary. By using our services you agree to the terms and conditions of work.
A consent form is required pursuant to the Canadian Privacy Act, which states that personal information shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed. Submitting a properly completed consent form with your request helps to prevent delays.
The consent form may be scanned and emailed to us. Please ensure that the consent form is scanned at high resolution. Submitting unclear documents will result in processing delays.
Download the consent form to Please fill and sign the pdf form and email us the attached form at email@example.com
(Sign in blue ink only)
Know the facts and make an informed decision
GCMS note is a report from the Global Case Management System
Requesting it has no influence on the processing of a visa application
According to IRCC, about half of all requests take more than 30 days
It can also be requested from CBSA
WHY GCMS ?
GCMS (Global Case Management System) is a software system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigration and citizenship applications. GCMS is a single integrated system designed to process applications both inside Canada and outside. It is the most comprehensive and up-to-date information that can be obtained to understand the status of a visa application or to learn the details about a visa refusal.
GCMS Notes are helpful with the following;
Understanding GCMS Notes
The GCMS (Global Case Management System) is a system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigration and citizenship applications, tourist visa, student visa, work visas and visas under any other immigration program. It is also used by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). The system contains a detailed record of each applicant’s file, including correspondence to and from IRCC, documents received from the applicant, detailed notes from the officers reviewing the file, and other relevant information. GCMS notes are considered to be the only option for applicants to get the most accurate and exhaustive view of their immigration file. With your right to get a copy of these notes, you can thus be caught up with the status of your application, and take any steps necessary to increase the chances of your application getting approved. The GCMS notes are issued under the Access to Information and Privacy Act (ATIP) ATIP is a federal law and Canadian Citizens and/or Permanent residents can get access to information from any government department under this law. Since the online IRCC system does not accurately inform as to which stage the application is at and therefore, it is important to keep a track of the application so that corrective steps can be taken or preparation for an interview can be done. To track your application the only accurate way is through the GCMS notes.
Who can apply for GCMS / ATIP notes?
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. We, as regulated Canadian Immigration consultants can officially request GCMS notes on behalf of the Principal Applicant.
How long does it take to receive the GCMS Notes?
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) both have 30 civil days to respond to an Access to Information Act or a Privacy Act request. However, this period may be extended for a reasonable period of time if:
the request is for a large number of records, or the request requires a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution. A time extension may take place if consultations are necessary to comply with the request. If the required time extension is greater than 30 days, IRCC or CBSA will notify the applicant about the extension and its length. In general, you can expect 30 to 40 days to receive GCMS notes, but it may take up another 30 to 60 days in some cases. There is no way to expedite the process, and hiring a lawyer or consultant does not have any value-added in reducing the processing times.
When you should order for GCMS Notes?
The right time to order GCMS notes after your application for a temporary residence visa or permanent residence application or work permit/study permit has been processed and a decision has been reached by IRCC (positive or negative). If the decision was negative, the GCMS notes will let you in on the reasoning of the immigration case officers behind the refusal.
How does it work?
EASY AS 1, 2, 3!
Get Your GCMS Notes in 3 Simple Steps:
- Select your Option and Make Payment: Place an order here for your GCMS Notes using “PayPal” or “Add to Cart” and Checkout with a debit/credit/ATM card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, etc.)
- Complete IRCC’s Consent Form: After payment, download/print the consent form. Complete, date, and sign in BLUE ink.
See below “What we require from you” for further instructions.
- Receive your GCMS Notes: We will email your GCMS notes to you the same day we receive it from IRCC. Usually 30 calendar days (for GCMS Electronic Notes) or 40 calendar days (GCMS Electronic Notes + Documents Request) from the date of request.
Please note that we cannot process your GCMS Notes request until we receive your signed consent form along with the required information. Rest assured that your information is secure with us and will only be used for obtaining your GCMS Notes.
Required Documents to apply for GCMS Notes
To apply for GCMS notes,
- the application number is mandatory
- UCI (Unique Client Identifier) number
- Type of record you are requesting: e.g. study visa application, visitor visa application, permanent resident (PR) application, etc.
- For PR application, also indicate whether you have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) or you are only in the Express Entry pool.
- You may also include a copy of your Canada visa/immigration refusal letter in the email you send to us. We will use this to double-check the information you provide us, thereby preventing any errors.
- As per IRCC requirements, signing in black ink and electronic signatures are NOT acceptable. Only original handwritten signatures signed in BLUE will be accepted.
- Therefore a colo r scan in good resolution (300 dpi and up) or taking a close well-lit snapshot of the form with your smartphone camera will help ensure your form is accepted by IRCC.
- To prevent delays, please ensure your consent form is properly completed and all the information you provide us is complete and correct in all aspects. Please note that we are not responsible for any delays caused due to you providing us incorrect/incomplete information or IRCC delay in processing the request.