Immigrate to canada
Top 5 Things to Know Before Applying For Canadian Work Pemit
A Canada Work Permit is issued for a specific time to the eligible candidates residing overseas to work in Canada. Individuals can only apply for a Work Permit only after getting a job offer from a Canadian employer. Canada has plenty of various work permit options for global talents, employers, and employees across the world. On a majority basis, Canada invites foreign workers under two programs: Temporary foreign worker program (TFWP) and International Mobility Program (IMP). The difference between the two lies in the labour market test, known as Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). To assess different Canadian work permit requirements, it is paramount to understand the work permit programs in Canada.
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Under this category, a foreign national requires an LMIA to obtain a work permit.
- International Mobility Program: Under this program, an LMIA is not required to gain a Canadian work permit.
Every year more than thousands of individuals are granted work permits to work in Canada. Being one of the leading economies, Canada serves as a great destination for individuals who seek work opportunities abroad. Canada Work Permit eligibility lies in various factors, But however, once obtained, the Canadian Work permits business people, permanent workers, temporary workers, students and others to work in Canada.
Under Canada Work permit, individuals can:
- Work in Canada
- Apply for the work permit of their dependents.
- Earn in Canadian dollars.
- Travel across Canada
- Apply for a Canadian PR
To be eligible to obtain a Canada Work Permit from India, applicants must meet a certain requirement criterion. Canada Work Permit is an ideal opportunity for temporary workers, foreign graduates from Canadian Universities, businesses and other professionals who want to work in Canada.
General requirements to obtain a Canadian Work Permit are listed below:
- The valid reason is that any individual on the Canadian work permit will not overstay the visit.
- Enough funds to support yourself and your dependents during your stay in Canada.
- No criminal activity records and a valid police clearance certificate
- Eligible candidates must be in good health and medical condition.
- Readily available to provide documents if demanded by the immigration officer to be eligible to enter Canada.
Documents required to apply for Canada Work Permit:
- A valid passport with a validity of more than 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Canada.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Educational qualification certificates
- Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience.
- Proof of having adequate financial resources to cover their expenses during their stay in Canada.
- Medical examination is required to be done from registered hospitals.
- Application fee
It is of utmost importance that applicants could convince the immigration officials that they would not overstay their work permit and would return to their home country after the end of their employment contract.
An LMIA based work permit is employer-specific, however, an open work permit allows you to work for any employer. An open work permit to eligible candidates is issued for a maximum of 3 years.
Eligible candidates who can apply for an open work permit are:
- Temporary Work Permits for spouses
- Post-Graduation Work Permit
- Temporary Resident Permit
- World Youth Program Permit
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program Spousal Permit
- Regular Open Work Permit
- Bridging Open Work Permit
How to apply for a work permit in Canada
Nowadays, most applicants now need to apply online for a work permit. DVIS can provide assistance in the job search and apply for jobs online to gain a Canadian work permit. Our Canada Work Permit Services include:
- Complete application support
- Assistance with collecting supporting documentation.
- Interview Preparation – if required
- Updates & Follow-up with the Consulate
- Job search assistance if required.